Our client is an award-winning specialist consultancy focusing on London and London issues.
- Working on successful bids for major projects including the Olympics, Crossrail, and the Docklands Light Railway, worth nearly £20bn.
- Managing communications for seven of the top ten regeneration projects in the UK, including King’s Cross, Brent Cross, Cricklewood and Greenwich Peninsula, which have together unlocked over £15bn of value.
- Advising the biggest brands in sport, including Chelsea, Spurs and Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- Handling challenging issues across the public, private and voluntary sectors, such as changes to health services, schools, housing, police facilities and waste plants.
- Working on every transport mode in London including the Royal Opening of St Pancras International, the modernisation of the Tube network, revitalising the capital’s canals, the London cycle hire scheme and the Cable car scheme.
The agency is now seeking an Account Director whose core tasks will include:
- Leading and providing strategic direction to drive accounts, using initiative and being proactive to achieve delivery for the client.
- Leading management of teams, working closely with a Board Director where appropriate, to meet client objectives.
- Being a key contact point for clients, advising them directly and demonstrating good judgement.
- Implementing and monitoring communications strategies and proposals.
- Heading-up and driving meetings with clients, including those to win/secure new business.
- Managing, motivating and mentoring team members.
- Reviewing and editing written materials / over-seeing the drafting by others – working with Account Managers and Account Executives to produce high quality, error-free written materials.
- Selling-in and overseeing the selling-in by others to national, regional, local, trade and broadcast media.
- Managing budgets and overseeing client billing on projects.
- Appraising and providing leadership and support for at least one member of the office.
- Providing input into management decisions and acting as a senior ‘sounding board’.
- Regularly networking and developing relationships at senior levels and new contacts and business leads.
- Dealing confidently with senior individuals in the private and public sectors.
- A broad background in corporate communications, with particular expertise of media relations, stakeholder communications and public affairs.
- At least 4 years’ agencyexperience, able to lead account teams straight away and develop strong client relationships. You may have additional experience outside of an agency background but it is vital you do have a strong agency background.
- An ability to demonstrable experience managing a range of client accounts.
- An emphasis on issue based and crisis communications over FMCG, with specific strength condensing and communicating complex issues.
- A good contact list – in the industries worked in, the media and/or political world
Specific experience working for some of sectors below:
- property / development / planning
- sport / media / culture
- local government
- public sector